Following 20 years of work at Gross Brown Law Firm – first as an associate and 8 years as managing partner – and a brief stint in public service working as special advisor to the CEO of Itaipu Binacional – I decided to move on and open a new law firm entirely focused on my area of expertise: capital markets, banking, finance, M&A and energy.
I’ve had the opportunity to work closely with many of you during this time (including top decision makers in the public sector, such as former Ministers, Central Bankers, and in the private sector, such as DCM’s, Managing Directors, Regional Directors, etc) in structuring the most groundbreaking and challenging deals in Paraguay. Just to mention a few:
- First banking Reg S/R144 of Paraguay (issuer BBVA Paraguay);
- First corporate Reg S/R144 of Paraguay (issuer Millicom Paraguayan subsidiary);
- First sovereign bond under Reg. S/R144 (issuer Republic of Paraguay);
- Six out of the only 10 sovereign bond issuances under Reg. S/R144 (issuer Republic of Paraguay);
- First PPP of Paraguay, Ruta 2 y 7 (sponsors Sacyr and Ocho A);
- Numerous cross-border loan facilities on behalf of both lenders and borrowers, secured with plain vanilla as well as complex guarantee packages;
- Acquisition and sale of regulated and unregulated assets in Paraguay from bank equity to cell phone towers, to rural real estate;
- Advisory to Itaipu Binancional on the design of a roadmap for renegotiation with Brazil of the Treaty that regulates the financial terms of Itaipu (Anexo C).
My expertise, reputation, personal attention, proven local network (institutional relations) and international networks (inter alia Harvard Kennedy School and Eisenhower Fellow) can continue to add value to your future endeavors and projects in Paraguay as well as provide unique insights not limited to legal issues.
Joining me is a team of senior associates from my former firm who have worked on several of the abovementioned deals.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I hope that we can continue walking side by side in your future projects.
Please feel free to reach out to me by email, and I will get back to you shortly
Hope you have a great 2022!